PRESENTING THE 3D PRINTSHOW
Best Online/App-Based Service: 123D Creature
Autodesk123D Creature gives users access to a level of technology previously only available to professional 3D artists, to create incredible original creatures directly on their iPad.
123D Creature makes getting started as easy as drawing a stick figure. Taking advantage of Multi Touch on iPad, the app makes navigating in 3D space simple and intuitive. The app leads you through the steps of 3D design by building out the basic skeleton shape of your character, allowing users to easily refine surface details and add color and texture.
Users who want a sculpture of their masterpiece to hold in their hand can order a full-color 3D print of their creature in just a few steps, using 3D printing services embedded directly within the app.
FIVE HOT FEATURES
1. Skeleton builder: The easy-to-use yet powerful skeleton builder makes creating the basic structure of your creature simple. The body shape automatically forms as you create and modify joints and bones, defining limbs and adjusting the thickness or thinness of your creature’s shape by dragging the shaping rings.
2. Symmetry: 123D Creature helps you create realistic creatures through the application of symmetry. In the skeleton builder, symmetry is automatic, so when you create or modify a limb, the opposite limb will be the same shape, position, and size. This helps you build a creature that looks balanced and real. Once you are in the sculpting or painting room, you have the option to turn symmetry on or off, depending on the effects that you want to achieve.
3. Community: The in-app community in 123D Creature gives users a chance to get inspired by creatures made by other users. “Like” and comment on awesome designs, follow other users who create cool creatures, share your own original creations, or download and remix creatures shared by others users. By saving your creatures to your 123D account in the cloud, you can decide to share them with others, pull them up on another iPad, or even link to them from the web gallery on the 123D web site.
4. Image Paint: Image Paint helps you create finely detailed and realistic color applications and textures by rubbing photos from your photo library or iPad camera directly onto the surface of the model.
5. 3D printing: In-app 3D print ordering uses state-of-the-art technology to turn your digital creature into a real physical sculpture that you can have delivered to your door. Tips for optimising your model for 3D printing are provided as part of the 3D printing experience, before you upload your model to be printed.
Sculpteo (an independent third party) provides 3D printing services ordered from inside 123D Creature. During checkout, you receive quotes to select from three print sizes. Creatures are 3D printed in a sandstone material in full color, so that the paint, texture, and photos you applied in the paint room are all part of your 3D sculpture.
THREE FAVOURITE PRINTS:
02. CRAZY BOMB GUY